Coffee Roasting Machines
Gene Cafe Rotating Drum Roaster
**Purchase includes 9 pounds Fair Trade Organic Green Coffee!**
The Gene Cafe is our favorite new roaster because it offers a large capacity, intuitive, easy to use controls, and the quiet operation allows you to converse or enjoy music while roasting. With complete control over both time and temperature that will please the most advanced home coffee roasting hobbiests, the controls and instructions are so easy that beginners can produce professional results the very first day. The clear roast chamber makes it very easy to view the roasting process, a must have feature that eliminates burnt or under roasted coffee.
The Gene Cafe can hold up to 10 oz. of unroasted green coffee which will yield up to an 8 oz. batch of fully roasted coffee. The thoughtfully integrated safety features (that are lacking in most home roasters) include auto shutoff, overheat sensors, and a clear safety cover to prevent burnt fingers.
The Gene Cafe delivers what you would expect of a higher priced coffee roaster: excellent roast quality, a durable machine built to last, a good warranty with US based support, and easy to use controls. The $500 price tag can actually pay for itself within 1 year if you normally go through a pound or more of roasted coffee per week. Perfect for a large household of thirsty coffee drinkers!
Key features of the Gene Cafe roaster:
- Clear Pyrex off-axis roasting chamber allows easy monitoring of the roasting process and ensures even roasting.®
- Produces up to a half-pound of roasted beans ranging from light American style to Espresso roast.
- Convection roasting eliminates hot spots that can cause an unevenly roasted batch.
- High-efficiency chaff removal with generously proportioned, easy-empty collection chamber.
- Dynamic temperature-monitoring sensors ensure that the ideal temperature is maintained, regardless of voltage fluctuations.
- Analog dials control time, temperature and system status and permit on-the fly adjustments. Audible tones signal cycle changes.
- LED displays monitor time, current temperature status and alternately displays selected temperature data.
- On-board diagnostics provide system status information.
- Full 1 year manufacturers warranty. 30 day complete replacement warranty followed by a 1 year standard warranty which covers all replacement or repair costs except delivery to the repair center.
- Analog rotary dials and digital displays for time and temperature. Audible cycle change signals.
- Power Requirements 110v-120V AC, 1,400 Watt *Dimensions 15.1" x 10" x 9" (383 x 243 x 229 mm)
- Temperature Range 0-480 oF (0-250 oC) *On-board electronics with diagnostic digital error code displays